Yet another fine example in the series “how to translate guitar grooves to the keys,” using a more current hit-song: Shawn Mendes – Stitches Piano Tutorial turned out to be another gem for all of you more beginner Pop-Pianists.
For those that know their chords and patterns, this one is actually quite easy to play, though a nice tune to practice your off-beat feel with for those of you that are just starting out with that pattern.
Already topping the charts for quite a few weeks (ago, actually) now, Shawn Mendes has really seemed to have found the big audience. Although this first big hit-song of his has already exited most charts, I got so many requests for this one, that I decided to make a tutorial for it still.
Speaking of requests, I receive such an overwhelming amount of those (currently about 50 a week) that I’m simply not able to handle all of them. Therefore I figured it might be interesting to create a “privilege” option solving this problem, which has taken form with a section in our member-area called: “The Song Learner.”
With this membership (currently as an introductory price only €5 a month; which -when you [popup type="iframe" link_text="subscribe now" href="/become-song-learner" /]– will stay that low as long as you’re subscribed), you’ll get access to “The Song Learner” – area inside our Couturians’ Lounge (the member area). There you’ll find “deluxe” versions of my tutorials with extras like:
- All parts available (here on the blog and on Youtube, I sometimes only post parts of the song. Tutorials in the Song Learner area are complete songs only)
- Full HD and Ad-Free videos.
- Additional downloads like sheets & MIDIs
- Easy browsing by Artist and/or Song.
- and as mentioned: Request Your Song by putting in your vote in the exclusive, Song-Learner-members-only forum.
Since the membership is still brand new and there’s not many active members yet, the request forum isn’t very active yet too. This might be very good news for you if you’d get on board now, since you’ll have practically no competition when requesting a song and thus a very good chance yours will be next!
Ok, back to Shawn.
In the video below “Shawn Mendes – Stitches Piano Tutorial” I’ll show you:
- How to translate the original guitar-grooves from the song to the piano.
- How to juice-up the bridge part, transforming a guitar part to something more pianistic.
- A signature bass-lick from the chorus that is a nice left-hand line & exercise.
- How to play all parts of the song.
Chord pics (in order of appearance) below the video. For the Piano Couture chord sheet & MIDI files, check out The Song Learner area, as mentioned.
Leaves me with: Have fun and let me know how you’re doing in the comments below!
Shawn Mendes – Stitches Piano Tutorial